Why are you retiring it
Originally posted on 9to5Mac:
Now that the updated Google Maps iOS application has Google+ Local features baked in, the company has made the decision to axe the Google+ Local application. The announcement was made through an email:
Google+ Local app for iOS will be retired on August 7th
We’re emailing to announce that the Google+ Local app for iOS will be retired on August 7th, 2013.
The good news is that all features in the Google+ Local app are now available in Google Maps for Mobile on iOS devices:
• Search by categories of places, like “restaurants” or “coffee shops”
• Read place information, including written reviews, average price, address and Street View (where available)
• See what people in your Google+ circles have to say about their favorite places around the world
• Rate and review places you’ve been to
• Share places, locations and businesses you find
Learn more about Google Maps for iOS.
View original 55 more words